Govt. Polytechnic for Women, Sirsa is situated at a distance of about 5 Kms. from main bus stand and about 4 Kms. from the Railway Station of the City in the vicinity of Civil Hospital. This institute started functioning during the session 1985-86 with an annual intake of 30 students under the Technical Education Deptt., Haryana with the objective of providing technical education to women .
Today we are running 04 Diploma course under the guidance of matured, dedicated,experienced and highly qualified staff.
The Institute is spread over an area of about 15.6 acres. The campus is laid out with teaching blocks, Workshop Blocks, two Girls Hostels, Canteen, Gym, Play Ground, Guest House and Residential Quarters for the Staff.
The Institute has spacious and well ventilated class rooms, labs equipped with latest and modern machinery to impart practical knowledge to the students.
The Institute library has a total collection of about 40000 books and 1000 Reference books to keep the students and teachers up – to – date in every field of knowledge. Building Infrastructure available (block wise built up area) 6,179 sq m (in total). Block wise given as under :
1. Admin Block: 2060 sqm.
2. W/shop Block: 1373 sqm.
3. Arch. Block: 1373 sqm.
4. Comp. Block: 1373 sqm.